Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services is a full-service heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and electrical company serving customers in Tualatin and throughout the entire Portland metro area. For more than 40 years, we’ve been committed to the total comfort of our customers, which is why we offer top-quality services, affordable rates, and absolutely unmatched customer care. We believe that happy employees mean happy customers—that’s why we make Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services such a great place to work. In turn, our technicians are happy to provide you with the fast, professional, long-lasting heating and air conditioning solutions you need.
Our Heating & Cooling Services
At Roth, we can handle any home service need, but we specialize in heating and cooling services in Tualatin. Since 1976, we’ve been helping home and business owners stay warm and cozy, cool and comfortable all year ‘round.
Our heating and cooling services include:
- AC installation and repair
- Furnace installation and repair
- HVAC maintenance
- Indoor air quality services
- Commercial HVAC
- Residential HVAC
- Emergency heating and AC repairs
- New construction HVAC
- And more!
There’s no job too big or too small for our highly-trained team. We utilize the latest HVAC technology and state-of-the-art equipment in order to provide you with superior services.
Tualatin AC Repair
When it comes to AC repair in Tualatin, the Roth team can’t be beat. We can fix all kinds of common (and not so common) air conditioning problems, from ACs that are blowing warm air to loud noises, leaks, and thermostat problems. We stand by all of our work because our goal is your complete satisfaction. Need emergency AC repair? We’re always available to help you no matter when disaster strikes – just give us a call!
Here are a few tips on how to save on utility costs and prolong the lifespan of your AC equipment:
- Have your indoor coil and outdoor condenser coil cleaned. The indoor coil for your air conditioner attracts dust and dirt build-up over time. This causes poor efficiency and should be cleaned to prevent your air conditioner from working harder to maintain your desired temperature. The outdoor unit needs large quantities of outside air to be able to effectively remove heat outside your home. The outdoor unit should be clear of debris and should also be cleaned often.
- Change your air filters regularly. A clogged filter can reduce airflow and cause your coil to freeze up. Having clean filters can reduce energy consumption by up to 15%.
- Keep window curtains drawn during the day to block sunlight. Over 20% of your air conditioning costs come from the sunlight entering through your windows. Keeping curtains closed will help decrease your cooling costs.
- Try setting your thermostat as high as comfortably possible. The smaller the difference between the outdoor and indoor temperatures, the lower your utility costs will be, and the less wear and tear on your system.
- Keep your home closed tight during the day so you don’t let in unwanted heat. Use bathroom exhaust fans and kitchen exhaust fans sparingly.
- Schedule a Precision Tune-Up on your system. Our skilled technicians clean or replace standard filters, clean condensate drains, verify the proper refrigerant charge, lubricate all moving parts, clean condenser/evaporator coils (if accessible), check thermostat operation, plus much more. Having Roth perform your precision tune-up will give you peace of mind that your equipment is running efficiently and getting the required maintenance needed to extend the life expectancy of your system.
Tualatin Furnace Repair
By the time chilly fall and freezing winter weather sets in, it’s essential that you have already had your furnace serviced in order to reduce your chances of a breakdown. Make Roth your preferred choice for furnace maintenance and repair services in the Tualatin area. We respond promptly and provide quality workmanship to solve all of your heating problems, from pilot light issues to mechanical failures and more. We service all types of furnaces from a wide range of brands, so no matter what type of heating equipment you have, we have the right solution.
Broken furnace? Here are a few furnace troubleshooting tips you can try:
When The Furnace Is Running, But Not Heating:
- Raise the thermostat setting by 5 degrees and wait several minutes.
- Check that the register grilles are open and not blocked by curtains or furniture.
- Replace the filter if it’s dirty.
When Furnace Isn’t Running:
- Be sure the power switch is on and the thermostat is turned to the heat setting.
- Check that the circuit breaker is on and look for a blown fuse on the main electrical (and any secondary) panel. Flip the breaker off, then on again, or replace the blown fuse. If the circuit blows a second time, there may be a short and you may need to consult an electrical contractor.
- Try the motor reset button near the blower motor housing and if there is one, press it. If necessary, wait half an hour for the motor to cool before trying a second time.
- Check for a blown fuse in the power switch, if your furnace has a fuse there. Turn off the power first. Replace the fuse according to manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have your owner’s manual, call your contractor.
- For a gas furnace, check to see that the pilot light is lit and the gas valve is on. If the pilot light won’t stay lit, turn off the gas and power, then use a thin wire to poke and clean out the hole where the pilot burns. Adjust the height of the flame with the adjustment screw until you get a steady 1.5- to 2-inch flame with no yellow.
Need heating or AC repair, replacement, or maintenance services in Tualatin? Call Roth at (503) 266-1249 today to schedule your appointment!