Electricity can be very dangerous if it is handled improperly, so make sure to leave home electrical repairs, installations, and maintenance to licensed professionals. At Roth Heating and Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, our Tigard electricians are highly trained and fully equipped to handle all types of electrical projects safely and correctly. Whether you’re installing a ceiling fan, upgrading an old electrical panel, or looking to completely rewire an older home, you can count on our team for a job well done.
Our Tigard electricians are:
- Background checked
- Licensed by the state of Oregon
OUR TIGARD ELECTRICAL SERVICES
- Ceiling fan installations
- Child proof outlets/receptacles
- Dedicated electrical outlets/receptacles
- Electrical code corrections (national electrical code regulations)
- Electrical generator back-up systems
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Electrical upgrades (panels, circuits, wiring and more)
- Exhaust fan upgrades (quiet flow)
- Generator electrical maintenance
- Hot/spa electrical hook-up
- Landscape lighting
- Lighting installation & replacement (led, dimmers, control systems)
- Outlets & switches
- Paddle fan installation
- Programmable thermostats
- Specialty lighting systems
- Whole home surge protection
WHOLE-HOME REWIRING: IS IT TIME FOR AN UPGRADE?
Because it’s hidden throughout your home’s structure, it’s easy to forget about checking your electrical wiring. But if you’re making any changes to your home, or if you’ve been experiencing electrical problems, it may be time to consider an update. This can enhance your safety, increase convenience, and possibly bring more value to your home.
- A circuit breaker that trips for no apparent reason should be investigated by a licensed electrician, since this can often signal a problem with the wiring in your home. Neglecting problems associated with your wiring may result in loss of life and property.
- If your home was built in the 1960s or 70s, there’s a risk that you could have aluminum wiring. This type of wiring can oxidize over time, and when it does, the wire can generate heat and start a fire.
- Using multiple power strips in your home because you don’t have enough outlets for all of your appliances and devices can pose a fire hazard, especially if the power strips don’t have surge protection.
Switching from a gas to an electric appliance usually requires upgrading the electrical wiring, especially when the appliance is a stove, dryer, water heater, or HVAC equipment. These appliances require their own circuit breaker and high voltage outlets, along with heavier gauge wiring. Adding ceiling fans to an unblocked or wired ceiling also requires an electrical upgrade.
Relying on extension cords to provide power can be a safety hazard. The National Electric Code requires there be an outlet every 12 feet in your home to eliminate the need for extension cords. The standard length of a cord (with a few exceptions) is 6 feet. One of our Tigard electricians can add more outlets in each room wherever they’re needed to bring your home up to standards.
WHY YOU NEED AN ANNUAL ELECTRICAL SAFETY CHECK
Some household chores are quarterly, like changing the filters on your furnace. Some are semi-annual, like changing the batteries on smoke detectors and CO monitors. An annual home electrical safety check is easy: pick up a phone and you’re nearly done!
When you bring a licensed, professional Tigard electrician into your home for an annual electrical safety check, all of these areas will be carefully inspected and repaired, if necessary:
- Main circuit breaker panel connections (burned wires or connectors, correct sizing of breakers)
- GFCI outlets tested
- Every receptacle inspected for loose contact blades or signs of scorching
- Smoke detectors date-checked and tested
- Inspect whole-house grounding
- Verify surge protection and make recommendations for home electronics (computers, televisions)
- Inspect lighting inside and outside your home and suggest improvements to security lighting
When you need an electrician in Tigard, make your first call to Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services. Dial (503) 266-1249 now or request a service online.