If you’ve already invested in an electric vehicle, then you know how inconvenient it can be to track down a public electric vehicle (EV) charging station that’s open near you. Instead of taking hours out of your day to locate a station and wait for your vehicle to charge, it would be worth your time and energy to invest in one for your home.
Fortunately, Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Drain Services offers seamless EV charger installations in Salem, Oregon. Whether you’re looking to install a charging station in your garage or near your business, our team members will be able to make getting around your electric vehicle even more enjoyable.
Types Of EV Chargers
There are currently three levels of EV chargers available in North America. Before you decide on which level is right for you, your budget, and your vehicle, you need to consider how much time you want to spend waiting for your vehicle to charge
- Level 1: This type of residential ev charger plugs into your standard 120-volt wall outlet and can supply 124 miles to your vehicle in about 20 hours of charging time.
- Level 2: This charger requires at least a 240-volt electrical outlet, which needs to be installed by an electrician. You can expect your electric car to charge 3 to 7 times faster than a level 1 EV charger.
- Level 3: This is the highest level of EV charging currently available to the public and requires installation by a certified electrician. Typically, you’ll find these chargers in public areas, because they can supply 124 miles to your vehicle in as little as 30 minutes.
Our Installation Process
Instead of spending hours researching and setting up your EV charger yourself, you should let a certified electrician do it for you. Not only will this save you time and money, but it will also ensure that your home’s electrical panel will be able to safely and properly handle your new charger.
Because Roth puts our customer’s safety and comfort first, we have outlined our EV charger installation process:
- First, you will set up your appointment and confirm the level of charge you need. If you’re not sure what level of charge you need, our electricians will be able to help you.
- Before installation can take place, we will need to inspect the space where your charger will be located as well as your electrical panel.
- We will also walk you through pricing as well as all of the steps we will take when we install your electric vehicle charging station.
- Once you feel secure with pricing and our installation plan, we will ensure your new EV charger is grounded and safely connected to your electrical system during installation.
Scheduling Your Installation With Roth in Salem, Oregon
Make your life with an electric vehicle even more convenient by installing a charger in your garage. To book your EV charger installation appointment with Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Drain Services, please book online or call us.