Trusted Portland Electrician
Quality Electrical Services in the Greater Portland Area
Need electrical services in the Portland area? Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical can help! In addition to offering top-quality heating, cooling, and plumbing services, we are a full-service residential electrical company based in Aurora and serving the entire Portland region. Electrical issues are always best left up to professionals. Our highly-trained team of Portland electricians can provide you with the safe, lasting repairs or electrical installation you need.
Electrical Repair Services We Offer
Electrical repairs are fairly common. It’s never a good idea to attempt to make these repairs on your own, however. In fact, it can be very unsafe to do so. Instead, rely on professional electricians in Portland who have the experience and training to safely carry out any necessary repairs or replacements.
At Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, we offer the following same-day residential electrical services:
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Ceiling fan installations
- Outlets & switches
- Electrical upgrades (panels, circuits, wiring and more)
- Lighting installation & replacement (led, dimmers, control systems)
- Landscape lighting
- Specialty lighting systems
- Electrical code corrections (national electrical code regulations)
- Hot/spa electrical hook-up
- Electrical generator back-up systems
- Generator electrical maintenance
- Programmable thermostats
- Whole home surge protection
- Child proof outlets/receptacles
- Paddle fan installation
- Exhaust fan upgrades (quiet flow)
- Dedicated electrical outlets/receptacles
The Importance of an Annual Electrical Safety Check
Home safety professionals recommend that a licensed electrician look over your home electrical system once a year to keep minor issues from becoming catastrophic problems. A periodic electrical inspection might prevent serious damage to your home or any of its major appliances. It will also assure you that your system is working as it should and meets all safety codes.
If your electrical system shows any of these signs of electrical problems, schedule an inspection promptly:
- Frequent circuit breakers trips
- Lights flicker, which could indicate a short in the wiring in the walls or the cord
- Humming noises from the breaker box. This is never a good sign, and usually means that the breaker is bad and won’t trip even if it’s overloaded. Heat will build and it has the potential to start a fire.
- The home is more than 25 years old. The wiring insulation may have disintegrated or the outlets have aged.
- The wiring is aluminum. Over time, aluminum wiring oxidizes, which increases the resistance on the wiring, causing it to overheat.
During an electrical safety check, the electrician will test the circuit breakers and visually inspect the switches and outlets. Outward signs of problems include switches that don’t work and discolored outlets.
Excessive use of power strips or multi-outlets usually indicates you need more outlets or receptacles. If your circuit breaker box is full, you may need a new, larger box to handle your present power demand and provide room for future expansion.
Other issues might include shorts when using certain switches, outlets or appliances. The electrician will pinpoint the problem, whether it’s in the wall, a fixture, or an appliance.
The Electrician Portland Trusts
At Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical, your safety is our number one priority. Our Portland electricians are trained, qualified, background-checked, and drug free. Plus, our electricians go through hours of extended training to keep themselves at the top of their profession. Most electricians do the minimum training, which is 24 hours of continuing education every 3 years, to meet Oregon license renewal requirements, but we go above and beyond.
Why is training so important to us? Two reasons, really. First, the better trained our electricians are, the more efficient they will be at analyzing and repairing your electrical problem. This saves you both time and money. Second, we believe in our employees and want them to succeed. The more they learn, the more valuable they become, not only as electricians, but as people.
Schedule your Portland electrical service with us today! Call Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical at (503) 994-9924 to get started.