Air Conditioning Installation in Portland
Portland, or AC Installation
Are you looking to install a new AC unit in your home? Our team of licensed and insured Portland air conditioning installation technicians at Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services are ready to help. Don't wait until the hottest days are upon us, contact us today to schedule an examination of your home to learn more about the potential options at your fingertips. Our team of AC installation experts will go above and beyond to ensure that your air conditioner is installed correctly and that it is functioning at optimal levels.
When our team of AC installation technicians comes to your home or business, we will:
- Examine your current setup to determine the best options available to you
- Identify any issues and offer solutions to overcome them
- Install the most efficient AC system that meets all of your needs
- Recommend preventative maintenance services to help your system last
Call (503) 994-9924 today to request an estimate for AC installation in Portland.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Replacement
No one wants their air conditioning system to break down in the heat of an Oregon summer. If you’re concerned about your cooling system, don’t just cross your fingers and hope for the best this season. There are almost always signs your home is poised for air conditioner failure.
Rarely do air conditioning systems fail without warning. They usually give some hint to their condition, if you know what to look for. Below are the three most common signs of air conditioner failure:
- High cooling costs. Are your summer electricity costs rising dramatically? Sure, the cost of electricity continues to rise, but if you see a significant increase over the last year (or last month), it’s a likely sign that your air conditioning system is on the fritz.
- Humidity. Does your home feel more like a sauna than a cool oasis? An increased humidity level is another sign of imminent air conditioner failure.
- Age of the air conditioning system. An air conditioning system that is 10 years old or more is not nearly as energy-efficient as more modern models and doesn’t perform as well either. If your air conditioner dates back to 2003 or beyond, and especially if it has been requiring occasional repairs, it’s likely time for a new system.
If you are experiencing one or more of these signs of air conditioner failure, it’s time to call a professional air conditioning installation contractor at Roth. We can help you determine whether your system can be repaired or if it’s time to invest in a new, energy-efficient air cooling system.
How to Choose the Right Replacement Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner has recently died on you, you are faced with an important decision: should you do some repairs and hope it’s enough to keep your home cool, or should you consider air-conditioner replacement? Consider the following to determine which route makes the most sense for you in the short- and long term.
How Old Is My Current AC?
If your cooling equipment is over a decade old, you should definitely opt for an air-conditioner replacement. Systems that are old are not nearly as efficient as modern systems. Money spent on repairs for a system that old will only keep it running for a short while longer. This money would be better spent on a new air conditioner. The cost of the new unit will eventually be offset by the savings you see each month on your energy bills.
What Is Your AC’s SEER?
The SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio) is the rating assigned to each air conditioner that informs consumers of their energy efficiency. Higher ratings mean better efficiency, and manufacturers don’t even produce models with a rating lower than 12 anymore. Older systems, however, may be as low as 7 and are energy drainers. You should upgrade to at least a 12 for drastic savings and more warranty protection.
What Size Unit Do I Need?
When picking a new air conditioner, the size is an extremely important decision. Have an AC installation specialist from Roth come to your house to perform a load calculation, which will determine the amount of energy needed to properly cool your home. We can recommend air conditioners that are ideal for your house.
Many homeowners don’t think the load calculation is a crucial process and will base their decision on the size of their current model. But if it were improperly sized, to begin with, you will be stuck with an inefficient air conditioner for years to come.
Work With The Team That's Right for Your Home
Whether you're shopping around for a new air conditioning system or if you're looking to repair your current one, make sure you find a company that you can count on. At Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services, our Portland AC installation technicians have years of experience working with all types of cooling units and will use that knowledge to help keep your home cool and comfortable. Reach out to us today to schedule your service.
Related Blog Articles:
- HVAC Installation Quotes: Tips For Choosing The Right One.
- A Closer Look At Air Conditioning Installation.
- Hiring the Right Contractor for Your Cooling-System Installation: A Portland Homeowner’s Checklist.
Lifetime Warranties on New Installations
Financing for Your Home Service Needs
Licensed, Bonded & Insured for Safety
Emergency Services Are Always Available
Catering to Busy People Just Like You