Excess rainfall and flooding are common throughout the Portland metro area. On average the city and surrounding communities receive between 36 and 43 inches each year, and with rising temperatures, that number is expected to rise even more.
Sump pumps are a great solution for homeowners throughout the Portland Metro area. This device is installed in the basement or crawl space beneath your home to protect it from oversaturated soil, flooding, and damage to your foundation.
Your sump pump only operates when it is needed during periods of heavy rainfall, but that doesn’t mean it should be ignored. Routinely checking on this device can help you avoid a flooding disaster in the future.
Not sure what to look for when your sump pump needs to be repaired? Our experts can help you. Our experts at Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Drain Services have been conducting sump pump repairs in Portland for nearly 40 years. We’ve gathered a short list below of the five most common signs that you need to repair or replace your home’s sump pump:
- It’s More Than 7 Years Old – While most manufacturing guides don’t provide an exact expiration date for your sump pump, they typically last about 7 years. This number can increase or decrease depending on where you live and how often your sump pump needs to operate.
- The Sump Pump Runs Too Long Or Is Constantly Running – This device should only run when a floating switch inside it becomes triggered by excess groundwater. When that excess groundwater falls below a certain level, your sump pump should automatically turn off. If it does not turn off automatically, then it’s time to call a drain expert.
- It Turns On At The Wrong Time Or Never Turns On At All – Your sump pump should only turn on during periods of heavy rainfall and when weather conditions could cause flooding. If it’s operating during dry weather, then your device needs to be repaired.
- Rust, Battery Corrosion, Or Allergens Are Visible Around The Pump – Batteries wear down over time, especially when they support a device that filters water. It’s important to regularly inspect your sump pump for these signs of wear and tear. Not only can it possibly prolong the lifespan of your sump pump, but also save you from a future flooding disaster.
- Loud Noises Or Strong Odors Emerge From The Pump – These could be a sign that your sump pump’s motor is burning out or that there are damaged parts within the device. You should call a plumbing expert immediately for help.
Reliable and Efficient Drain Cleaning in Portland
If you need an efficient and reliable drain technician to repair or replace your home’s sump pump, then look no further for help. Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, and Drain has a team of drain experts ready to tackle all of your drain system problems. For the last 40 years, we’ve tackled numerous plumbing problems that deal with your home’s kitchen sink, bathrooms, sewer lines, drain lines, clogged drains, basement, crawl space, and more.
Regardless of the type of plumbing or drain cleaning service you need from us, our drain team will make sure your home returns to a clean, dry and comfortable state.
To schedule your drain service appointment with us, you can book with us online or call 503-266-1249.