A career in the HVAC industry gives you an opportunity to work in a multi-trade business where electricians, plumbers, sheet metal workers and heating and cooling technicians work together in commercial and residential settings. Professionals in this field need a background in wiring, plumbing, or knowledge of HVAC systems. Below are some reasons why you should work in a multi-trade business:
- Licensing is attainable. Oregon accepts apprenticeship experience as well as classroom hours to obtain a license within the trades. Within a few years, you’ll be on your way toward a prosperous career with opportunities without the school loans or high tuition costs associated with a college degree.
- Work is steady. Many of the trades experience cyclical work, but regardless of your trade, there’s always a demand for HVAC services. When construction is booming, so does the HVAC industry.
Because HVAC systems need professional servicing and repairs, there are fewer slowdowns working in a multi-trade business due to seasonal demands or those related to the ups and downs of construction.
- Wages are good many multi trade companies offer 401k programs, and health insurance, along with other benefits and above average salary.
- Job security. The BLS estimates that the HVAC industry will continue to grow through the foreseeable future because of new construction and system replacements. All buildings and homes have HVAC systems and their lifetimes range from 10 to 20 years.
The HVAC field is one a leader in advancing and implementing technologies that cut energy consumption. Homeowners and building managers often replace these systems early to take advantage of energy efficiency and comfort improvements.
- Room for advancement. As you learn this multi-trade business, you might want to explore the specialties within it or explore advanced training in your particular field.
Roth Heating & Cooling provides trusted HVAC services for the greater Portland area and is a multi-trade business. If you’d like to learn more about joining our team, please contact us today.