Many HVAC contractors offer maintenance contracts that offer advantages to some homeowners. All HVAC equipment requires routine maintenance, some of which requires a professional, and some that you need to do, like air filter changes. In many cases, maintenance agreements provide the assurance that your system will run dependably and at top efficiency.
- Many homeowners enjoy the convenience of biannual routine maintenance provided by one contractor. Not only will the contractor keep detailed records of when the work was performed, but also what the work entailed. Such thorough records are beneficial to both you and the contractor when troubleshooting a malfunctioning system,
Fewer breakdowns occur with professionally maintained systems. HVAC equipment
contains many components that need to be adjusted and cleaned regularly
to avoid premature breakdowns, many of which are caused by excessive dust
on parts you may not be able to access without professional tools and
A dirty evaporator coil inside the air handler can drive up energy consumption and even burn out the compressor, resulting in an expensive repair. Dirt on the motors will overheat them, and shorten their lifetimes.
- Thorough record keeping also provides evidence of work previously performed for warranty purposes. If the manufacturer of your HVAC equipment requires professional maintenance, these records can guarantee your claim.
- Prospective homebuyers also like knowing that they’re buying a home with an HVAC system that’s been professionally tended on a routine basis.
- Discounts on parts and labor are typical benefits with maintenance contracts.
- Priority service can be a lifesaver when your system goes down in extreme weather. Exceptionally hot or cold weather stresses HVAC equipment, and it’s also a time when contractors receive the highest demand for system checks and repairs. In many cases, you won’t have to pay overtime or holiday charges that could increase a repair bill.
Maintenance contracts for your HVAC system provide solid benefits for many homeowners, because the conveniences and benefits of these plans provide tangible value. To learn more, contact Roth Heating & Cooling. We provide trusted HVAC services for homeowners in the Greater Portland area.