Replacing the furnace in your Portland area home is a decision most homeowners don’t make lightly. It’s a sizable investment that will affect your comfort for years to come. You’ll want to do your research and ask questions to determine the best furnace fit for your needs. When you speak with your heating contractor, ask these furnace replacement questions. They’ll help you gain the information you need to make the right choice.
You may or may not already be familiar with the different heating equipment options when you meet with your contractor. Ask these furnace replacement questions to learn more about the different options available to you:
- Why does the contractor recommend a specific model of furnace for your home?
- Is the new furnace electric or gas powered? Will modifications have to be made to your home’s infrastructure to accommodate either energy source?
- Is the furnace made by a reputable manufacturer? How long has the recommended model been in production?
- Has the contractor installed this model in other homes?
- What is the size of furnace recommended for your home? How will the contractor determine appropriate sizing? Will he use Manuals J, S and D to find the right size system?
- How does the recommended model stack up against its competitors?
- What added benefits and features does this model offer?
- Perhaps most importantly, what efficiency level will the contractor recommend for your new furnace? This factor will greatly determine the your long-term comfort and energy expenses.
Once you have chosen the type of equipment for installation, it’s time to ask some questions about installation itself.
- Will the new furnace be vented through a sidewall or your existing chimney? Will alterations need to be made?
- Is the ductwork in your home in good condition or compatible with your newly selected furnace, or will adjustments need to be made to ensure the new heating system operates correctly?
Finally, you need to ask about the future of your new furnace. These furnace replacement questions will help you learn about warranties and maintenance:
- How long is the warranty for parts and labor? Which parts are covered?
- How often is maintenance recommended for this model?
- How often should the air filter be changed? What’s the recommended filter type for your new furnace?
Asking these furnace replacement questions will help you gather the facts needed to choose a new furnace. Contact Roth Heating & Cooling today if you have questions about replacing the furnace in your Portland area home.