Winter is on its way to Oregon. As the temperatures begin dipping, now’s the time to make sure that your heating needs are covered. If you’ve had furnace problems in the past, or you think your furnace may be on its last legs, now’s a good time to purchase a new one and take advantage of a fantastic rebate.
Here are a few of the rebates that you can take advantage of:
- Through November 30, 2012, you can purchase a qualifying Lennox home-comfort system, which includes indoor and outdoor units and controls, and receive as much as a $1,375 rebate. Get up to $600 from Energy Trust of Oregon, and $480 from the State of Oregon.
- Through December 31, 2012, you’re eligible for a $350 tax credit from the Oregon Department of Energy, if you purchase a gas furnace rate with an AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) rating of 96 percent or higher.
- Are you in the market for a high-efficiency heat pump? Purchase one, and get up to a $450 back from the Energy Trust of Oregon.
- Get a heat-pump rebate of $200 from Portland General Electric.
- Get a sales-tax credit from the State of Oregon. For a high-efficiency heat pump, you’ll receive a credit of up to $480. Receive up to a $350 credit for a high efficiency gas furnace.
For more information on these offers, check out our current promotions. Additionally, are you thinking if might be time to buy a new furnace? Contact your HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) contractor to examine your furnace if any of the following is true:
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old. Consider replacing with Energy Star-qualified models, which can increase your furnace’s efficiency by as much as 15 percent or your boiler’s efficiency by 5 percent.
- You have frequent service calls.
- Some rooms in your house are either too hot or too cold, or you never seem to be able to get a consistent temperature throughout your living area.
- Your indoor air quality seems to be diminishing, or you’re having issues with humidity.
For more expert advice about a new furnace rebate, contact the experts at Roth Heating & Cooling. We’ve been serving customers in Portland, Canby, Silverton, and Central Oregon since 1976.