Do you know how much you’re spending to cool your home every summer? Have you considered that by investing in a high-efficiency upgrade, you could enjoy long-term savings that don’t exist with standard air-conditioning (A/C) units? The initial price tag of an Energy Star-qualified air conditioner may be higher than a standard model, but there are several ways in which your investment can pay for itself.
Therefore, if you need a new A/C, keep the following benefits of a high-efficiency upgrade in mind:
- Lower energy bills: The best air conditioners available today consume up to 50 percent less than those manufactured 30 to 40 years ago. Even if your air conditioner is only about a decade old, you could be missing out on 20 percent or more in savings on your cooling bills.
- Smaller environmental impact: Less energy consumption means fewer greenhouse gases are released into the environment. For those trying to live a greener lifestyle, a high-efficiency, Energy Star-qualified air conditioner could be just what you’re looking for.
- Fewer repairs: Part of what the Energy Star label promises is a high-quality system that breaks down less often, as long as you keep up with preventive maintenance.
- Longer lifespan: When you need a new A/C, you should gear up for a substantial investment. However, with the longer lifespan offered by Energy Star-certified equipment, your investment lasts longer. At the same time, the equipment provides beneficial energy savings every day.
- Greater comfort: Perhaps the most important benefit of purchasing a high-efficiency unit when you need a new A/C is that it is fully capable of keeping you comfortable all summer long. You’ll enjoy the greatest level of comfort at the lowest cost if you choose an Energy Star-labeled air conditioner that is properly sized for your home.
For help making your big-ticket upgrade, please contact Roth Heating & Cooling in Portland today. Lean on our experience to help you find the best system for your home.