If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that you are thinking about a new HVAC system for your Portland-area home. Since a new home comfort system is a big investment, you want to make sure you don’t replace an adequate system (or even one that needs its share of repairs) without good reason.
Here are some of the signs that may mean it’s time to replace your old heating and cooling system:
- Your utility bills are on the rise: Monthly energy savings from a new system will mean more money in your pocket long term and potential federal tax credits (if you act quickly) that help recover your costs sooner than you think.
- Your system is old: Boilers and furnaces 15 years old or older are highly inefficient compared with today’s new technology in home comfort equipment. The same is true of heat pumps or air conditioners greater than 10 years old. Replacing aging HVAC products will reduce your carbon footprint and save energy.
- You’ve endured breakdowns or frequent repairs: It may not be worth the money or inconvenience to keep having it fixed.
- Your A/C or heater is noisy: New systems have made vast improvements in this area.
- Your undependable heating and cooling system is a liability: If you’re thinking of selling your home.
- Your HVAC system hasn’t been inspected lately: It may have undetected safety issues, such as hidden carbon monoxide leaks.
- Certain rooms in the house are always too warm or too chilly: Consider upgrading to an energy-efficient zoning system to direct conditioned air to the areas where it’s needed, only when it’s needed.
- You have humidity issues: Add a humidity control system so that your home’s air is never too dry or too damp.
- Your system just doesn’t keep your home comfortable anymore.
If you’d like some assistance deciding whether to repair or replace, contact the experienced professionals at (503) 266-1249. We’d be happy to walk you through your options for a new home comfort system or arrange upgrades or repairs.