Hiring the right heating and cooling contractor is essential for the success of a repair, install or other services you require. These 10 tips will make the job easy.
- Do your research. Learn about the contractor, making sure they are licensed and insured. Also, understand your heating and cooling systems’ maintenance history before calling the contractor.
- Ask for referrals. Talk with your friends and neighbors to discover whom they have been satisfied with in the past. Local trade organizations are useful places for referrals as well.
- Ask for references. When contacting a contractor, ask for references of past customers and call them. Ask about the contractor’s services, promptness and price.
- Seek out Energy Star certified products. Qualified units meet strict energy consumption guidelines and can save you a great deal on your electricity bill. Plus, such models often qualify you for government rebates.
- Look for special offers. There are usually rebates or special deals going on for heating and cooling systems.
- Anticipate a home energy evaluation. Contractors should assess the current heating and cooling systems in your home to discover how to ideally meet your needs. They will evaluate the size of your home, insulation levels, leaks in the duct system and airflow to fix any problems and supply you with the best possible A/C or furnace for your needs.
- Ask for itemized estimates. This will help you compare different prices of contractors in your area. Keep cost, warranties and energy efficiency of the unit in mind as you do your comparison shopping.
- Get everything in writing. You and the contractor should sign a proposal before work gets underway.
- Spread the word. Tell your family and friends about your new Energy Star certified unit. Every purchase of a high-efficiency unit makes a positive environmental difference.
- Read the Energy Star guide. You want your home to be comfortable year-round, and this guide will help you affordably achieve this.
Contact Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical at (503) 994-9924 to begin doing business with a trustworthy, affordable company servicing the Portland area.