If you are still using a manual thermostat to control the temperature in your home, we strongly recommend considering the benefits of programmable thermostats. Not only will you increase your home comfort, you will save energy and money without even thinking about changing settings when you leave the house.
Technology has come a long way since basic temperature control products were introduced. Today’s programmable thermostats offer a wide variety of features, including:
- Variable Temperature Settings – Customize thermostat settings for each day of the week and for several different times during the day, depending on your family’s schedule and comfort preferences.
- Manual Override – If your schedule changes unexpectedly, you can temporarily change the temperature without affecting the programmed settings.
- Filter Change Alerts – Regular filter changes increase equipment efficiency; many programmable thermostats can be set to provide reminders so you never forget to change them. Some programmable thermostats offer even more flexibility and allow you to program multiple alerts to help you maintain all of your heating and cooling equipment.
- Humidity Control – In addition to temperature settings, some products can also link to your whole-house humidifier or dehumidifier, so you can control all of your home comfort options from one panel.
- Remote Scheduling – Perfect for vacation homes or for people with unpredictable schedules, some internet-enabled thermostats can be controlled remotely from your computer or phone. Never worry about whether your empty vacation rental is burning energy (and dollars) again!
- Simple Solutions – If these fancy features seem a little too overwhelming, there are plenty of simple programmable thermostats available. In addition to digital options and touch screens, there are electromechanical thermostats that can be adjusted with more traditional, easy-to-use sliding bars or pegs.
Various manufacturers offer different combinations of features, so it’s best to consult a professional when deciding which programmable thermostat is right for your home. Some systems, such as heat pumps and radiant floor heating don’t work with every type of thermostat, so it’s important to make the right choice. The experts at Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical are ready to help any customer in the Portland area; call us today at (503) 994-9924 for a consultation.