Top-Rated Electrician in Beaverton, OR
Professional Electrical Services You Can Depend On
At Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services, our Beaverton electricians are well-trained, highly-qualified, background-checked, and drug-free. Our experienced professionals complete hours of extended training in the latest electrical technology as well as older, legacy systems. Roth’s electrical experts participate in continuing education, staying up-to-date throughout their careers to meet or exceed Oregon’s license renewal requirements.
If you have questions about your residential electrical system or would like to schedule an electrical safety check or repair appointment, give us a call today. We proudly serve homeowners in the Beaverton area and are licensed, bonded, insured, and highly rated for your peace of mind.
Roth proudly provides the following electrical services in Beaverton:
- Electrical inspections
- Electrical troubleshooting & repairs
- Electrical panel upgrades
- House rewiring
- Circuit breaker & fuse box upgrades
- Ceiling fan installations
- Interior lighting installation
- LED lighting upgrades
- Landscape lighting
- Electrical outlet repair & replacement
- GFCI outlet installation
- Electrical switch repair & replacement
- Dimmer switch installation
- Whole-home surge protection
Our Beaverton electricians provide safe, effective services at competitive rates. Schedule a service online or give us a call today at (503) 994-9924.
Home Electrical Safety Checks
Homes are filled with an array of electrical devices and wiring systems. In order to make sure your electrical system is safe for your family and is as energy-efficient as possible, consider scheduling an economical home electrical safety check.
When you schedule your electrical safety checkup, highly-trained Beaverton electrician is sent out to evaluate your electrical system. This electrical service increases home safety and eases any concerns you may have about your household’s electrical safety. A yearly electrical safety check is recommended, and this service typically includes:
- Electrical panel check: Technicians verify that all connections in your electrical panel are properly tightened. They perform a thorough inspection to locate safety issues like burned wiring or shorted connections and make sure your circuit breakers are properly sized for the job.
- GFCI outlet testing: This test checks function/safe operation of ground fault circuit interrupters, which break/disconnect circuits if leakage is detected.
- Receptacle inspection: This inspection is performed to locate burnt/loosened electrical receptacles/outlets and recommend repairs.
- Smoke detector testing: A tech can change batteries and test for correct function. Date codes are checked to ensure carbon monoxide and smoke alarms are replaced before the end of their lifespan.
- Whole house grounding inspection: Is your home properly grounded? Technicians assess the premises to make sure.
- Home electronics testing: Professionals will examine electrical appliances and devices to help ensure adequate protection for power surges.
- Home lighting check: Properly functioning lights in and around your home are important safety features for your family’s security. The pros can make recommendations about improved lighting solutions to provide additional or more effective illumination if necessary.
The Most Common Electrical Problems and Their Cures
There are many electrical problems around the household that the average do-it-yourselfer likes to try and tackle, but it should always be kept in mind that electricity can be dangerous to both property and person and that safety precautions must be properly observed. With this in mind, troubleshooting household electrical problems can be undertaken and in some cases resolved, while others will require a professional.
Here are some of the most common electrical problems you may encounter and their resolutions:
- Sudden loss of power. If this occurs in an isolated area of the home, it may be due to a circuit breaker having been tripped. This may have been a temporary condition or it might be indicative of a serious problem in your home’s wiring. Find the circuit breaker box and look for a switch in the “off” position. If it stays on when you flip the switch things may be fine, but if the switch flips off you should contact a professional.
- Electrical outlets. If the area around an outlet appears blackened, you shouldn’t take any chances – contact a professional. If an outlet goes dead, check its circuit breaker. Sparks around an outlet may be normal, but monitor it for signs of worsening.
- Quick burnout of light bulbs. Changing the bulb will work, but that won’t solve the problem. The problem in such cases may be that the bulbs you’re using are rated at a higher wattage than the fixture can handle – try a lower wattage bulb.
- On and off light fixtures. Fixtures usually contain a safety feature to prevent overheating, so when they do become hot, they shut themselves off to avoid further damage. Often the root cause of this is a mismatch between the fixture and the wattage of the bulbs you’re using.
Roth Heating & Cooling, Plumbing, Electrical, Drain Services is always available to help you out with your residential electrical needs. To schedule a service with an experienced electrician in Beaverton, give us a call today at (503) 994-9924.